March 10, 2016
1. ROLL CALL
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
3. CITY COUNCIL BILL #16-0625/ ZONING – CONDITIONAL USE – AMENDING ORDINANCE 14-206 – 4001 ROLAND AVENUE (Councilmember - Mary Pat Clarke) For the purpose of amending Ordinance 14-206 to reauthorize and continue the permission for the establishment, maintenance, and operation of a parking, open-off street area for the parking of 4 or more automobiles on the property known as 4001 Roland Avenue; providing for the automatic termination of this Ordinance; and providing for a special effective date. (Fourteenth District)
4. CITY COUNCIL BILL #15-0595/ CITY STREETS – CLOSING – BAYLIS STREET (Council President Young – on behalf of the Administration, Department of Transportation) For the purpose of condemning and closing Baylis Street, extending from Boston Street southerly 987.50 feet, more or less, to the CSX Railroad right-of-way, formerly known as Danville Avenue, as shown on Plat 92-A-33A, in the Office of the Department of Transportation; and providing for a special effective date. (First District)
5. CIP TRANSFERS (Citywide)
6. FY 2017-2022 CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM ADOPTION (Citywide)
7. BALTIMORE CITY LANDMARK DESIGNATION/ 1939 WALBROOK AVENUE – APOSTOLIC FAITH CHURCH OF GOD BUILDING (Seventh District)
8. BALTIMORE CITY LANDMARK DESIGNATION/ 655 NORTH BENTALOU STREET – ST. MARK’S INSTITUTIONAL BAPTIST CHURCH (Ninth District)
9. MAJOR SUBDIVISION FINAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN/ 2609-2627 HURON STREET – REAPPROVAL (Tenth District)
10. CITY COUNCIL BILL#16-0616/ HOOKAH LOUNGES (Councilmember - Welch) For the purpose of authorizing hookah lounges as conditional uses (ordinance required) in certain zoning districts; defining certain terms; specifying certain considerations for these uses; excepting hookah lounges from the definition of an after-hours establishment; excepting hookah lounges from the City's indoor smoking restrictions, subject to certain conditions; repealing two other, preempted and no-longer valid, exceptions to the City's indoor smoking restrictions; excepting properly zoned hookah lounges from having to obtain a late-night operations license; and generally relating to the zoning and operation of hookah lounges. (Citywide)
This agenda was prepared on the assumption that all necessary materials have been made available in sufficient time for consideration by the Commission at this meeting. There are occasionally changes in this agenda when relevant materials have not been delivered to the Department on schedule. For any item marked (**), please call the Department at 410-396-4488 for most current information.
The meeting will be held in the Phoebe B. Stanton Boardroom of the Department of Planning, located on the 8th floor of 417 East Fayette Street.