March 5, 2020
Live Streaming: The Department of Planning live webstreams Planning Commission meetings. To begin live streaming from any enabled device during a scheduled meeting, log on to: https://livestream.com/accounts/17371294
Hearing Notice: Anyone interested in receiving future Planning Commission agendas directly may subscribe using this link
1. ROLL CALL
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – February 20, 2020
3. CIP TRANSFERS
4. MINOR SUBDIVSION FINAL PLANS/ 2007-2009 EASTERN AVENUE (First District)
6. FOREST CONSERVATION PROGRAM – POLICY ON AMENDMENTS TO EASEMENTS (Citywide)
7. STREET CLOSING/ CLOSING OF A SIX-FOOT PORTION OF WEST SARATOGA STREET FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND AT BALTIMORE (Twelfth District)
8. MINOR SUBDIVISION FINAL DEVELOPMENT PLANS/ 3700 PULASKI HIGHWAY (Second District)
9. CITY COUNCIL BILL #20-0494/ ZONING – CONDITIONAL USE BANQUET HALL – 5401 BELAIR ROAD (Second District)
For the purpose of permitting, subject to certain conditions, the establishment, maintenance, and operation of a banquet hall on the property known as 5401 Belair Road (Block 5989A, Lot 019), as outlined in red on the accompanying plat. (Councilmember McCray)
10. CITY COUNCIL BILL #19-0449/ ZONING – USE REGULATIONS – NEIGHBORHOOD COMMERCIAL ESTABLISHMENTS (Citywide)
For the purpose of prohibiting the sale of tobacco products and electronic smoking devices, accessories, and related products by a retail goods establishment that is a neighborhood commercial establishment. (Councilmember Clarke, President Scott, Councilmembers Henry, Cohen, Dorsey, Burnett, and Reisinger)
11. CITY COUNCIL BILL #19-0460/ SUBSEQUENT CHANGE IN CONDITIONAL USE – CLARIFICATION (Citywide)
For the purpose of clarifying that any subsequent change in a conditional use is subject to the existing procedures set forth in Title 5, Subtitle 4 of the Zoning Code of Baltimore City. (Councilmembers Clarke, Henry, Sneed, Middleton, and Reisinger)
12. CITY COUNCIL BILL #20-0490/ URBAN RENEWAL – CARROLL CAMDEN – RENEWAL AREA DESIGNATION AND URBAN RENEWAL PLAN (Tenth and Eleventh Districts)
For the purpose of repealing the existing Carroll Camden Urban Renewal Plan and replacing it by designating as a “Renewal Area” an area situated in Baltimore City, Maryland known as Carroll Camden, bounded generally by I-95 and Russell Street on the south, Monroe Street on the west, I-395, South Paca Street, and Ostend Street on the north, and Russell Street and Kloman Street on the east; establishing the objectives of the Plan; establishing permitted land uses in the Renewal Area; providing that where there may be a conflict between the provisions of the Renewal Plan and the provisions of any Planned Unit Development, the provisions of the Planned Unit Development control; providing review requirements and controls for all plans for new construction; providing that the provisions of the Baltimore City Zoning Code apply to properties in the Renewal Area; establishing controls for off-street parking facilities…
This agenda was prepared on the assumption that all necessary materials have been made available in suggestion time for consideration by the Planning Commission at this meeting. There are occasionally changes in this agenda when relevant materials have not been delivered to the Department of Planning on schedule.
Note to applicants: The posting template is available online on the Planning Commission’s webpage.
For any item marked (**), please call the Department of Planning at 410-396-8358 for the most current information. The meeting will be held in the Phoebe B. Stanton Boardroom of the Department of Planning, located on the 8th floor of 417 East Fayette Street.